The Hotel Böglerhof takes its name from the Bögler, which was the name given to a maker of bows. This was the first recorded use of the site where the hotel stands today. During the successful mining period in the Middle Ages under the Fugger family there was a mining court located in the building. Our large wine cellar and the wood-pannelled Fuggerstube room date back to this period in the 15th century. When the silver rush came to an end, the Böglerhof became an inn.
In 1809 the Tyrolean freedom fighter Andreas Hofer wrote a letter to Herr Pögler in Alpbach to call on the residents of Alpbach to take up arms in the struggle against the Napoleonic forces. This letter is still kept in the Hotel Böglerhof today.
In 1933 the young wine trader Alfons Moser bought the Böglerwirt – the start of a success story which continues today under the leadership of the Duftner family.