Green and wild and wonderful
Our nature is close to our hearts. And so is our region. And we are convinced that every contribution, no matter how small, helps to set the right course for our future. We are not only responsible for what we do, but also for what we don’t do – and we really take that to heart at pure nature resort Der Böglerhof.
What we do today ...
... determines how our planet will look tomorrow – what the Austrian writer Marie Ebner-Eschenbach already knew over a hundred years ago, host family Duftner and the entire Böglerhof team have taken to heart. Green is everything we love, and you’ll notice that from the first moment of your stay:
- When letting your gaze wander into the garden, over the forests, up into the mountains – yes, this is what the Shire of the Alps must look like!
- On Green Friday, our very own holiday, when we celebrate nature, regionality, and sustainability. How? That you have to experience for yourself.
- While watching the industrious little helpers – with birdhouses, birdbaths, feeding stations for squirrels, and bee hotels, we like to make their lives a little bit easier.
- And that’s by no means all!
The real taste of nature
Inspiring and real. Fragrant and colourful. Authentic and inspiring. As varied as nature in the Alpbachtal region – our cuisine:
- Our kitchen team offers a vitalising natural cuisine with super-local products – our culinary and wild herbs are an integral part of Böglerhof’s cuisine
- The conscious selection of premium ingredients – short transport routes guaranteed by reliable local producers
- We’re particularly proud of our herb path, our herb garden, and the unfertilised natural meadows of Der Böglerhof.
- Happy chickens, healthy eggs: In his free time, host Johannes Duftner pursues his passion of keeping chickens close to nature.
... if you travel by train, you only need to present your booking confirmation to travel to Alpbach free of charge on the Regiobus? Best of all: During your stay you can use all public transport for free thanks to the Alpbachtal Card!
- We produce our own electricity from solar energy.
- Cooling systems and heat pumps provide energy recovery.
- We have developed a sensible savings concept for electricity and water consumption for Der Böglerhof.
- Heating is CO2 neutral and uses pellets.
- Selected natural materials, optimised heating control, and excellent thermal insulation ensure pleasant indoor air and thus increase the comfort for our guests.
What sets us apart,
what we are proud of!
Where it comes from – a Tyrolean initiative
What is particularly important to us? That we source our products regionally. Milk and dairy products from Heumilchsennerei Reith, premium vegetables from Kinzachhof Thaur, game specialities from Rossmoos Alpbach, fresh meat and sausage products from Metzgerei Klocker Münster, crispy bread and fragrant pastries from master baker Sigwart in Brixlegg – partners with love for the product and the region. You’ll taste their passion, promise!
Austrian Ecolabel – because we cherish our homeland
We look forward to welcoming you to our state-awarded establishment! The well-being of you and our planet is important to us. We’ve been awarded the “Austrian Ecolabel” by the Federal Ministry of Environment – you can imagine how proud we are and were.
Bewusst Tirol – Tyrolean quality
We are committed to Tyrolean quality at pure nature resort Der Böglerhof. In our pots and pans, our creative chefs conjure up authentic, healthy delicacies made from local products that crown the Alpbach experience. We consciously buy regional and seasonal ingredients: The “Qualität Tirol” quality seal stands for authentic Tyrolean products – a seal that we wear with particular pride.